How to join the Technical Support Walk-in Queue/Schedule a time for assistance
To better serve our current student community, new students, Faculty and Staff here at Salt Lake Community College (SLCC), the Office of Information Technology (OIT) has implemented several new services to better serve those that need assistance with technical issues and general support. These services include online appointment requests and a walk-up kiosk program where you can either physically walk up to a kiosk and place yourself in a wait queue or schedule an appointment online to be seen by one of our technical support agents.
This knowledge base article covers both join the Technical Support Walk-up Queue or to schedule an appointment online as well as the walk-up experience provided by this process.
ONLINE APPOINTMENT REQUEST
To join the Technical Support Walk-up Queue or to schedule an appointment online, follow these steps. Only active students, Faculty and Staff can request an appointment online using this process.
1. From any web-enabled device (cell phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) navigate to the OIT support page. The web address (URL) is:
2. If you are not automatically logged in through Single Sign On (you will see your name in the upper right-hand corner of the page), then in the upper right-hand corner, click on Login. You will be asked to provide your credentials.
Faculty or Staff, you will use email@example.com.
Student, you will use firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Once you are logged in, click on Join Walk-in Queue below the Quick Links section below the carousel on the left.
4. On the left pane, click on Walk-Up Check-In.
5. This will open the SLCC Technical Support Walk-Up/Check-In home page. As there are several Walk-Up/Check-In locations, if the SLCC Technical Support Help Desk is not the current location, you can switch to the correct location from the drop-down menu by clicking on Change Location and selected the correct location.
6. Then you will need to select the general reason for your visit from the list provided.
7. Once a reason for your visit has been selected, click the blue Check in button to place yourself in the queue.
Technical Support will be notified of you joining the queue and you will see your position shown on the web page and the option to leave the queue if you need to. (Note! To schedule an appointment, see Step 7.)
7. To schedule an appointment, click on Schedule an appointment. Select the reason for your visit from the drop-down menu and click the calendar icon.
8. A current list of available times based on the date you selected will be displayed. Notice the 30-minute duration per appointment. Click the time you would like and then click the blue Select button at the bottom right of the page.
9. Once you have selected a date and time for your appointment, you will be taken back to the Schedule an appointment page. Click on the Schedule Appointment button and you will be notified of your appointment as will Technical Support. You will be placed automatically in the queue list three (3) minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
10. You will receive an email notification when you are next in line in the queue after you have joined the queue, and will receive an email notification 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment if you have scheduled an appointment.
If you have any comments, please submit them in the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support at 801-957-5555.