Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information(PII): is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual.
- Social Security Numbers
- Credit Card Numbers
- Driver’s License Numbers
- Do not store PII on C:\ drives, thumb/flash drives or other portable devices.
- When you need to save documents that contains PII save them to the H drive or I drive. If you need to access the documents offsite, you can connect using the VPN and map your H drive and I drive.
- Do not e-mail PII to others in the College or outside organizations.
- If the documents are needed to be shared inside or outside the College, Information Security Office can assist with a secure way to transmit the documents.
- Credit Card Numbers can never be stored in clear text. The numbers must be encrypted. This is due to Payment Card Industry (PCI)regulations.
- Information Security will be doing scans for PII and will work with department’s supervisors to remediate the files.